2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sportwagon
Silver with black/blue fabric (WRX) interior
Boost! Subaru really hit the nail on the head with this car. A lot of features for a decent price, though some interior features feel cheap. Turbo! Unfortunately a CSPD cop magnet, after 6th pullover, decided to give up on import performance and get something more sedate.
Owned from July 2002 through April 2005.
2.0L H-4 (boxer) DOHC PGM-FI Turbocharged and Intercooled 227hp/217 ft-lbs 5spd AWD w/ rear+center LSD
Mods (how do I start?):
17" Enkei RPM-2 summer rims with Yokohama ES100 shoes (winter are stock 16" rims with BFG Traction T/As)
Prodrive performance and lowering springs
Defi turbo, exhast gas temp, oil pressure link gauges; intercooler temp gauge
Removed intake resonator, upgraded intercooler hoses (Samco), STi short shifter, STi hood scoop
IHI VF34 turbocharger upgrade, STi upipe, STi (565) fuel injectors, Walbro upgraded fuel pump
APS turbo-back exhaust 3" to 2.5", APS high-flow cat
Cobb Stage 2.5 Tuning and Dyno at Modern Garage in Salt Lake City, February 2004.
"Remove Yellow Project", clear side markers and exchanged headlight turn signals (both still yellow when illuminated)
Sylvania Silverstar high/low beams. Window Tint and 3M clear bra. WRX-matched dead pedal. Momo shift knob.
Yakima roof rack for mountain bike transport
In Car Electronics (ICE):
- Pioneer Premier AM/FM CD Deck (DEH-8400) with OEL, full detach and motorized flip (recycled from Prelude)
- Pioneer Premier in-dash 6-disc changer (recycled from Prelude)
- Kenwood Dual-Mag 6" front and 5.25" rear speakers
- MTX Thunder 4405 5 channel amplifier (65W x4 150Wx1)
- Custom 10" ported subwoofer enclosure, replaced custom dual 8" bandpass enclosure...needed hatch space!
- Escort Passport radar detector (recycled from Prelude)
- Sony-Ericsson Bluetooth hands-free cell phone kit
- Autopage car starter/alarm/turbo timer